COVID DASHBOARD 21-22
On Tuesday, February 15th, the Union Day School Board of Directors approved a policy that will allow students and staff to enter the building without wearing a mask starting February 28th. This decision was based on the school community's current Covid-19 positive rate and safety protocols staying below 2% until that time.
The policy provides the Head of School, or designee, the right to move the entire school population back to wearing a mask for a limited time (i.e. until a special board meeting can be held) to prevent the additional spread of the Covid-19 virus or variant.
Reasons for going back to mask wearing are:
- Greater than 2% school community member positive rate over a five day span
- Increase in the overall student absentee rate of (12%) over a five day period
- More than 10% of the teaching staff out daily due to Covid-19 positive rates over a five day period.
- Directed by the Union County Health Department or authority
To ensure the safety and low spread all students and staff will abide by the following requirements:
Any student or staff member showing any symptoms of illness will need to go home until symptom free for 24 hours
Minimum quarantine for any student who tests positive is 10 days from the day of taking a positive PCR test.
Students will be provided with work to complete at home the other 5 days
Return is contingent upon a negative PCR and NO symptoms for 24 hours
Staff and students who are fully vaccinated may return to work/school prior to the 10 days with 24 hours or more of no symptoms and a negative PCR Test
For all other scenarios the school will rely on the NC Strong Schools Toolkit for guidance: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/media/164/open
North Carolina Strong Schools Toolkit has been updated (Click Here)
We are utilizing the chart on pages 15-16 for any Covid-19 exclusion decisions.
Here are the guidelines we are following:
- If you are vaccinated, and have received a booster, there are no quarantining requirements.
- If you are vaccinated, and not yet eligible for a booster, there are no quarantining requirements.
- If you are vaccinated, and eligible for a booster, but have not accepted a booster shot, you may be required to quarantine for five days.
- If you have had Covid-19 over the last 90 days, you are not required to be excluded from the school environment.
Anyone with symptoms, or a positive Covid-19 result, must quarantine for 5 days or until no symptoms for 24 hours.
If you have symptoms, stay home, return with a negative PCR test and no symptoms.
If you have any questions, or believe that your child may have been exposed to COVID, please contact nurse Teena Mosley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send your child to school with any symptoms of illnesses listed below. Regardless if your child is vaccinated, or has had Covid-19 in the last 90 days, if they have any symptoms they will be quarantined safely in the building and you will be asked to pick them up from school. UDS will follow the recommendations found in the NC Strong Schools Toolkit. (https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/strong-schools-nc-public-health-toolkit)
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
updated: Feb 7, 2022